The responsibilities of the Coordination Office of Digital Inclusion (COID) are:
- formulate and propose policies, guidelines, objectives and goals related to digital inclusion at UFSC;
- plan, coordinate, supervise and guide the actions related to digital inclusion at UFSC;
- carry out, supervise, monitor and assess the implementation of digital inclusion activities in conjunction with the Schools and Campuses of UFSC;
- plan, coordinate, supervise and guide the elaboration, coordination and implementation of SAAD’s digital inclusion actions, adapting and modifying them to allow access to everyone;
- provide and facilitate the use of the Internet to students, faculty and staff, by training them to use the Internet, as well as other computer resources, to resolve practical everyday life problems and to access relevant information within their socio-cultural context.
COID also aims to provide adequate study conditions and accessible structure for the entire university community by providing computers for academic studies. Among the facilities are a “family room”, where the student-mother or the student-father can come with their children and study normally, as well as inclusive spaces for wheelchair users and blind people (including equipment with screen reading software).
Coordinator: João Carlos Vicente